Choosing the best WordPress theme can be a hard choice, especially for entry-level bloggers but with the help of a guide, you can quickly get the best one. In this post, We have listed some of the most potent WordPress themes for your next blog, and later we have explained how we ranked them.
Each of the theme that we have listed below serves a different purpose. We would highly recommend you to choose the theme according to your requirements. In this list, you get premium as well as free WordPress themes which are tested not only by user interface design but also with performance, built quality and developer’s support. Here is the list of best WordPress themes for 2018.
|Load Speed||1.4 seconds|
|SEO Score||5.0 points|
|Overall Rating||5.0 star|
It is a two column fully responsive theme with all Google fonts, RTL, Translation ready, shortcode support, review system, and 550+ font awesome icons. You can create different background layers, custom sidebars, change site logo, customize CSS using your theme control panel. Overall, this theme is an easter egg with fully packed features.
|Load Speed||1.2 seconds|
|SEO Score||2.0 points|
|Overall Rating||4.4 stars|
You can create visually stunning homepage using video background section of this theme. The theme is using a strong portfolio page with parallax effect. The WPML and Polylang help you to create a bilingual website. For more customization, you can always use the header and footer builder, PSD file or the child theme to edit the theme.
|Load Speed||2.0 seconds|
|SEO Score||3.0 points|
|Overall Rating||4.8 stars|
The theme is ready to customize anytime using PageBuilder, and you can add more complex homepage layout utilizing the theme’s control panel. Also, you get custom social sharing buttons, visual presentation, custom menus, child theme, dynamic load more and many other features to develop an industry level magazine site. Even using all the elements, the theme gives you maximum flexibility with performance.
|Load Speed||1.4 seconds|
|SEO Score||3.5 points|
|Overall Rating||4.5 stars|
You can change the homepage style by using re-arrange and disable options from the backend. Apart from that, you can write blog posts with HD video tutorials in different forms. It is a clean coded minimalistic theme that approaches light-weight and ultra-fast speed. With this theme, you get eleven different custom widgets, Adsense support, ajax loading and one-click installation option.
|Load Speed||4.4 seconds|
|SEO Score||2.0 points|
|Overall Rating||4.0 stars|
Due to its design, your blog can get a hefty amount of internal links that can boost your rank on search engine. Also, you can utilize your traffic by putting ad codes right into the theme’s control panel. Many authority blogs like beebom.com are running on Newspaper theme so there should be no doubt about this theme. As per its price, support of the theme’s developer is also very impressive and robust. You can resolve your queries or presale question in a matter of a few hours.
|Price||$89 per year|
|Load Speed||5.9 seconds|
|SEO Score||1.2 points|
|Overall Rating||4.3 stars|
Basically, you can add as many column and row as you want using Divi. You don’t even need to download any additional plugin on Divi because it already has major 46 content elements, for example, form builder, drag and drop action, buttons, call to action, pricing table, shop, sidebars, audio, and video player, etc. Overall, you can create unlimited styles, fonts, colors, sizing and layers for your site. The price tag of Divi theme looks high at first glance but, if you think about it, you are also getting access to download other 87 themes and six plugins with it. It is almost $1 per theme per year.
Surely, Divi is a great theme to create stunning visuals and customized premium looking pages, but it lacks some critical SEO elements. Its excellent choice for beginner to build a business website but if you are a hardcore content writer or blogger, you can skip Divi.
How We Choose a Best WordPress Theme For You?
There are around thousands of WordPress themes available, either paid or free, but not all of them are listed on our blog. The reason behind it that we have some feature guidelines to pick a theme. It is actually very easy to understand how we choose the best WordPress theme to list on our blog. Here are some important points
- Page Load Speed: Speed matters to everyone, and we love accumulating fast loading themes. WordPress themes that load within 3 seconds are considered as fast, between 3 to 6 seconds are medium and beyond six are slow. If page loads within 3 seconds, we add .5 point to SEO score. That is why you will never see any theme that loads slowly on our blog. We check all the themes page speed manually on GTmetrix.
- Search Engine Friendliness: SEO score is calculated out of 5 points. We always look for internal theme components like Microformats, Open Graph protocol, Twitter cards, and Schema markup that helps your blog to rank quickly on Google search. We give 1 point each for Microformat and Schema markup and .5 points each for Open Graph and Twitter cards. If all of these components are missing, we look for other factors like readability, user engagement, etc. Many of the theme authors forget to add these critical values, but we have got your back.
- After Sale Support: We make sure that after you purchase a premium theme, you get quick support for your queries because why not. Who knows when you get into trouble using a theme, a support team is always good. That is why we list themes only from top-notch authorized sellers.
- Build for a Niche: We love collecting themes which are built for a particular niche. Such themes give you better backend control and also serve a specific purpose to attract more viewership.
- Unique Functionality and Design: We make sure that your blog looks different from others and keeping that in mind, we always love to list different types of WordPress themes to fit everyone’s taste.
- Price: Money really matters, we get it. A theme should have a considerable price rather than sky high.
The Overall Theme Score
The overall theme score is calculated on the basis of theme load speed, SEO, unique functionality, price and after-sales service. It is that simple.